Back to All Events


  • Tortuga Gallery 901 Edith Boulevard Southeast Albuquerque, NM, 87102 United States (map)

Hard to believe but nearly a year has gone by since our first Bosque Bash. Because of your passion and commitment we have made tremendous strides in keeping our beloved Bosque a natural wonder.  Join us on Sunday December 7th at Tortuga Gallery (901 Edith Blvd SE) for another joyous evening of food, fun, family, community…and of course great music, including Sage & Jared’s Happy Gland Band, Sweet Spot, Throw the Temple, Cali Shaw and more!!!  Start time TBD.

Suggested admission / donation: $10

60% of your donation will go directly to the Bosque Action Team (B.A.T) in support of their efforts to keep the Bosque natural. The remaining 40% will go to the terrific artists who will performing at the Bash. Though the suggested donation for the event is $10 you are free to give whatever you can, in accordance with your heart and your budget. Your contribution is greatly appreciate. 

So come to Tortuga on December 7th to celebrate your accomplishments and boosts your spirits for the challenges that remain.  Food will be provided by the BAT...but it's a potluck so feel free contribute a dish if you wish!  



The Official Bosque Bash 2 Poster is Here!

Help spread the word about the Bash!  Invite your friends to our Facebook Event Page and download, print, and post our official Bosque Bash 2 poster:



Poster by Cod and Cowboy Design
Leaf photo by Alex Limkin


Viva El Bashito!


Photo of Zen Menendez by Sasha Menendez

Meet Zen Hernandez…El Maestro de Flamenco!  Well, ok, maybe not a maestro.  Not yet at least.  9-year-old Zen has been practicing Flamenco from the Casa Flamenca for a year now, and we are honored that he will be one of our featured performers on Sunday.  Gracias Zen!  

In addition to his love for dance, Zen is passionate about nature and the environment. He is the proud owner of a color morph corn snake called Cortes, a volunteer at the naturalist center at the NM Museum of natural history and science, and a member of the Rio Grande Roots & Shoots group.  Zen is also a regular at our Bosquitos outings, a program run by Sarita Streng where kids learn about ways to support nature and wildlife and practice environmental stewardship.  And of course have tons of fun with the other Bosquitos!  

Kids of all ages, their parents, friends, and community members are invited to participate in Bosquitos.  To learn more about the program, contact Sarita at:

505-288-8713 or 

The next Bosquitos event, an exploration of the Valle Del Oro, will take place on December 13th.  Find out more details about the event here.  All activities are free.  


Silent Auction

In addition to great food and music, this years Bash will also include a silent auction! While you’re milling about basking in the Bash festivities, there will be some wonderful items on display for you to bid on, if you wish. All the items have been donated by artists and other compassionate Bosque lovers who are helping us raise money to keep the Bosque natural and healthy. Of course, you won’t be under any obligations to bid on anything. The auction is there as an added bonus, for those interested.  

Bidding will take place between 4 and 6:30pm. Highest bidders will be announced at 7pm. 


Items currently up for bid (click on thumbnail then rollover full image for details):

We are very grateful to the following individuals who have generously donated items for our silent auction:

Nancy Phillips
Three pieces of art

Naomi Julian

Deborah Gavel
Archival Digital Print

Larry Littlefield and Pearl Burns
Two copies of "Wildflowers of the Sandia and Manzano Mountains of Central New Mexico"

Brian Cobble

Susan Selbin
Cowgirl hat and jewelry

Tomas Kennedy 
Belt Buckle

Julie Brokken
In addition to her auction items, Julie will also generously donate 20% of any sales she makes via any of the BAT's channels (this website, our facebook page, etc). So if you buy something from Julie, don't forget to mention us!  

We would also like to express our gratitude to the Open Space Alliance for donating a $50 gift certificate.


Busking for the Bosque

In conjunction with Bosque Bash 2 we are launching a new feature in our online store called Busking for the Bosque where some of New Mexico’s best musicians donate their talents to the cause of keeping our Bosque a unique and healthy ecosystem.  We are honored that the four great bands playing Bosque Bash 2, Sage and Jared’s Happy Gland Band, Sweet Spot, Throw the Temple and Cali Shaw, will be the inaugural artists busking for the Bosque.

Take a look and have a listen here.  Get a taste of some of the great music you’ll be hearing at Bosque Bash 2, and feel free to drop a few bills in their hat in support of the arts and the Bosque.  

Back to Our Events